Like a lot of people, I grew up with my parents taking us to church every Sunday. Every year there was a big fundraiser for one of the groups in the church where the women would get together and make tamales. Which was a little weird because I remember growing up where the only version of Mexican food bore no resemblance to actual Mexican food.
But I digress.
The recipe came from a woman who refused to share the recipe with anyone. And when I say anyone, I mean she didn’t even share it with her kids. As her deathbed approached, she finally agreed to share it with her granddaughter so long as she swore on her honor to never share it with another soul.
I never understand that. I never understand why anyone keeps a recipe secret. But anyway… all of this crossed my mind because I was sorting through cookbooks and came across one of the them from that church (sans tamale recipe, of course.) And so it made me think I should share with you my super secret recipe for Manifesting. But you have to pinkie-promise me you won’t tell a soul. Okay? Cool. Then here it is…
- 4 sticks faith
- 1 quart hope
- 3 tablespoons optimism
- 2 1/2 cups sassiness
- 2 heaping cups sifted courage, divided
- 3 extra-large bubbles of pure clarity
- 2 cups shredded worry about the past
- 1 cup sunshine
- 1 cup exercise
- 2 helpings angel prayers.
- Preheat oven to 444 degrees.
- Combine faith, hope, and optimism. Mix well until fully blended and whipped up into excitement.
- Add sassiness. Sift 1 cup courage and add to mixture until it starts to bubble with anticipation.
- Add clarity one bubble at a time mixing until fully incorporated. Make sure the concoction is full of vision of the completed cake. Add salt if desired.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup courage over top of mixture.
- Shred worry about the past until fully disintegrated. Throw it in the trash.
- Place cake in oven and set timer for 44 minutes.
- Go for a walk in the sunshine to get a little exercise while Manifesting Cake bakes. Ask angels for their assistance.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool. Serve with whipped cream and chocolate (because that helps everything.)
Over the last 6 weeks I’ve just sort of been meandering through all my decks. Naturally, I couldn’t leave out the one that started it all! So, Angel Tarot Cards had a lot to say about career and life purpose this week. If that’s on your mind, you should have a look!...
As of just an hour ago of this writing, TeamRad just finished our annual planning for the coming year. I say “coming year” because over the course of time, it has just organically become the schedule that RadSchool functions on the timeline of a regular college. We do...
Well, I’ve just got Archangel Power Tarot Cards on the brain this week! And boy did they have a very strong message. For them to be so repetitive must mean some of us are being resistant to letting the past go. But apparently, we really need to! Get the scoop here!...
Well, here we go again. Mercury Retrograde has begun (Tuesday, May 7th) and will be on a little backwards romp through our charts until June 3rd. I know that Merc Retro makes a lot of people nervous. It’s an awfully personal planet given that it represents technology,...
It has been way too long since I reached out to the fairies for an Energetic Weather Report, so it was time for Fairy Tarot Cards! The fairies are often direct with a bit of sassy in their message, and this time was no different. Go and get their advice for the week...